The Chrome Dome

Chock Full Of Nothin'

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

I got out of my comfort zone today!


Well, after much debate I took up my sister Athenas offer to join the Women's Choir at Mesa State College. I was defiantly nervous, then they had me sit in alto. So, I am trying to figure out how to sing this ,I think French, song and I am just not getting it. Flushed I giggle and just sit there cause I don't want to sound like total shit. So, I just decided after the class to tell the teacher that I think alto was to low for me. So she had me sing, and boy was it hard. But she said I sounded good and put me in 2nd soprano. So, I decided to stay with it. I think being in the choir will also help me not smoke cause I have been struggling with that lately. I will be going to classe Mon,Wed and Fri. Think it will help me with getting motivated for school next year because I really want to start.

Then Athena gave me this thing called Wallet Cards. At the top it say "Sister Wishes" and this is what it said:

May these wishes keep coming true.
I want us... To always be so close.
To share everything with nothing ever coming between us.
To trust and talk things out.
To nurture each other's spirit and warm each other's soul.
To be assured, even when no one else knows what's going on inside...That we will gently understand.
And wherever you go, you will be in my heart, and my hand will be in your hand.
Katie Russell
I just thought I would share with you guys just how much something like this means to me. Cause there are times when you just feel lost. Athena really pushed me to join choir. I wasn't sure why, but I know now. I know its cause she's out side the box and could tell that I really needed to start my life again. To start some new things. So, thank you Athena. I love you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home