The Chrome Dome

Chock Full Of Nothin'

Sunday, September 25, 2005

2nd day is WAY hard

Athena decided to have Bowen go to her house for a little while this evening so Frank and I decided to go grab a bite to eat. Of course there were people smoking right next to us and immediately I felt like I was going to die if I didn't get a smoke. So, on the way home we stopped at the grocery store and I got some candy and sunflower seeds. Frank decided to stop and get cigarettes. When we got home we just sat there, thinking about then. Debating whether or not to go and have one of them. So, finally I said come on and we went out side. While Frank had his cigarette I sat there and acted like I was smoking mine. I have to tell you, it was the hardest thing I have done in a long time. Believe me, when Frank went and got rid of the rest of them I started crying. Of course I was alone. I was ashamed how much I let this drug take control over me. My every thought is of having a cigarette. Just one drag. Just a little puff to curb the craving. But, I gave frank my cig. and told him no, that I didn't want it. Instead I went on a nice long bike ride and I feel much better now. I want to be here for my son. I want to go and do things with out having to take a break to smoke. I don't want to smell of cigarettes. I just want them out of my life FOREVER!

On a more positive note, Athena and I leave for Denver tomorrow. YIPEE!!! I got her and I t-shirts and hats to wear to the game. Athena is very excited because she has never been to a game. Then to think her first game is a MONDAY NIGHT game. How awesome is that?!?! I will be posting pictures when I get back, so I wont be posting again probably until Wednesday. Have a good Monday, I know I will! *text is the color of my lungs if I dont quit*

3 Comments:

  • At 8:43 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    i can soooo relate to you about what you're going through with quitting smoking. i started when i was 16, smoked socially throughout high school, and then in college i smoked 1-2 packs a day. i stopped smoking at 24 - went cold turkey and then at 26 i picked it up again. at age 28, i decided to quit once and for all but it's been really hard. it's taken me 2 years for my body and mind to get over the addiction. now at 30 i can say that i am smoke free...for the most part.

    i have moments of weakness. it is STILL soooooo hard to curb those cravings. i think i've had 2 cigarettes in the past year but, like you, i want them out of my life forever!!!

    good luck with quitting. it sure ain't easy!

    p.s. www.quit.com is also a good site to help you stop...

     
  • At 10:24 AM , Blogger Andromeda said...

    You story sounds just like mine. I dont know why I picked it back up after I had Bowen. I think now i more quilt from smoking because of my son. One time I was just about to take a drag and I guess I forgot to shut the door all the way to the outside and he just came walking out. stairing at me. I never felt so quilty in my life. LOL

     
  • At 10:39 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    at least we're both trying to quit. better than not trying at all!!!

    some mornings, i wake up and all i want is a drag of nicotene. this morning was actually one of those days...

    i feel guilty about smoking too and what it does to my body. but having a child must be a great motivator to quit....for me, i just think of the money i save from not buying cigarettes (cigs are, like, $8 a pack in new york) and how i want to be healthy when and if i ever have kids.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home