The Chrome Dome

Chock Full Of Nothin'

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Too Hot

I tell ya, I don't have ANY idea how I lived in Las Vegas for 3 years. Looked on weather.com and it got up to like 114 the other day. Screw that. I am dyeing in 95 degree weather. In Las Vegas though we had a pool. People in the ghetto have a pool. You could not survive with out it.

I sure do miss living down there. I got to experience a lot of things that I wouldn't had otherwise. Some good and some bad. It was a good change for me. Things were getting rough here in Colorado when I decided to move down to Las Vegas with my sister. I tell you, my father was sure pissed off.

I got a job (not a good one) making great money. More money then I have ever made including now. I got to see some great shows and just experience life in a big city.

A friend of mine is blogging about her life in NYC. How she was born for the big city. I can really relate to that. I have never felt more alive and at home when I was in Las Vegas. At the same time I desperately wanted to be close to my dad and my other sister.

One thing led to another and I ended up back in Colorado taking care of my grandmother. I have been here ever since.

Now that we are building a house I suppose it will be quite some time before I uproot myself and leave. I am thinking closer to Denver would be nice. Maybe Colorado Springs.

On a different note: Building is coming along. We got all the sheeting up and were getting ready to have the contractors go in and start doing the plumbing and the electrical stuff. Once that happens, we cans start the siding and the shingles. Exciting stuff.

I hurt my back pretty bad so I have been taking it easy. Went to the chiropractor yesterday and it feels a little better now.

I hope to have some more pictures by the end of the week to post for everyone.

Happy Hump Day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home